[pct-l] Multiuse Gear

>> to repair your
>>lightweight trail running shoes when you rip out the
>>entire side when jumping around  a rattlesnake.

Hee Hee. While I did not jump on a rattle snake, my
trail shoes did bust out on the sides 5 miles hiking
north from Stehekin. What to do..what to do. Why..use
duct tape!

I walked about 90 miles in a duct taped shoe to
Canada. The shoes are now hanging on my wall.

These "slightly used" shoes can be seen at:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/pmagspct02/anc

I wrote Merrel and sent them a picture via e-mail. For
some reason, they never wrote back. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com