[pct-l] Followup Backpack Question

All excellent points from a respected expert.

I've heard a lot about "systems", "multiuse", and "kits" since I've been on the PCT.
Are there web sites which describe gear lists, break down individual item weights, how one piece of gear is used for more than one purpose, etc? preferably gear lists of successful PCT thru-hikers?

I would have loved to see a breakdown of each piece of gear Billy Goat displayed at ADZ!!!!
A sub-9'er! I'm still blown away by his system!
And what was even more amazing, his stuff was low-tech, scrounge around the kitchen kind of stuff!

Not that I'd personally be comfortable with his system (where would I pack my oilcan???), but a definitive breakdown of items/weight/uses from various folks like Billy Goat, Yogi, and you too Ron, would be an education.

BUT- please refrain from posting your gear lists on the PCT-L! I was just wondering if there were established web sites for this.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m