[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass trail question

That's not a trivial hike in to the PCT from Onion Valley trailhead, but
should be enjoyable.  My son Brian has resupplied me there twice when I've hiked
the JMT.

You can certainly agree to meet at the pass, as someone else has suggested.
If you do hike in to the PCT, be very sure that you know where you are to
meet.  There are two trails down from the pass to the PCT.  I suggest you stay to
the right (the higher, northern trail option).  It's the one that stays well
above Bullfrog Lake.  Just before you reach the PCT, the trail splits again.
Stay to the right.  The left trail crosses the PCT in an open area that can be
hot and dry, and continues to Charlotte Lake.  The right-hand trail meets the
PCT at a nice shady spot that is much nicer if you have a long wait.  From
there, you can also, if you choose, hike up to Glen Pass for some spectacular
views north.

Bears can be a real nuisance around Kearsarge, so don't leave any food or
gear unattended.
_____