[pct-l] Bear Attack.... or Food for thought

Pvt. Skivvy I mean Bivy

Dude thinks they should demote you to sergeant. We had a vote amongst the
bears and lions you are now a private

I f you want to see the lion that that put hash marks on Pvt.Bivy's skivvies
click here
http://dwd.hu/cat.swf Enjoy! ^_~

A friend and I were hiking mid-day in the middle of Cuyamaca State Park, just
west of Mt Laguna.  We stopped at this road junction and a couple from
Austria
passed us.  After starting up again we were soon about to pass the couple
when
they showed us what they had just finished filming with their camcorder.....a
male cougar.  The next week a lady named Iris was killed by the lion a few
hundred yards from where we had seen it.

We also came across a dead male in the middle of the Anza-Borrego desert.
They
have been eatting the bighorn and we also find bighorn radio collars.  The
cat
had a chipped fang.

Now I'm not too scared of bears, but when I saw a female lion cross the trail
ahead of me in the Lagunas I almost wet myself.  I wouldn't go back to that
area for a year (by Lake of the Woods).  I put my hands over my head to make
myself look large, but stayed silent.  I took a couple of steps forward on
the
trail, but when the lion made an intercepting step I stopped and walked
backward (not wishing to turn my back on the beast)until I was hidden by
brush,
then turned and ran back to the lake.

Captain Bivy