[pct-l] dehydrating

Steve Courtway wrote:

>greetings list and happy hiking season !!!
>
>I have a question regarding the use of cheese in your dehydrator
>concoctions.  I am about to purchase one I for this year's food, and was
>curious if y'all had experience with mixing heavy amounts of cheese into
>beans, rice etc. and if it works well.
>
>thanks !!!
>
>Steve Courtway

I make my own backpack meals.  I have used parmesan cheese and cheese
powders successfully, mixed in to these meals.  I also find that 1 oz
mozarella (string) cheese sticks keep for as long as a month without
refrigeration. They are vacuum packed.  Costco sells them in 48 packs,
dirt cheap.   They get sharp but don't spoil.
Are you going into the San Gorgonios for Memorial Day this year?  We go
every year--maybe we'll see you there again.
Marion