[pct-l] Trail Nutrition

I wanted to thank all of you who contributed to my backpack selection.  I think
I am going to go with the GG Vapor.  My next question for all of you
backpacking intellects and mentors concerns nutrition while on the trail.
Recently I have been researching an approach that would be void of any cooking
requirements at all.  No stove, no fuel; only cook-free food.  I understand the
obvious nutritional concerns and the inevitability of being without hot water
on a cold night, but is this simply insane or a legitimate option for such a
long hike?  I was curious to know if anyone has any experience with this
approach.  ALl thought are very much appreciated.

Arizona Wildcat
David