[pct-l] re: trail libations

Reminds me of a birthday I remember with fondness. Back on July 05,
1973, (my 30th birthday and thus just turning too old to be trusted) I
was on a Sierra Singles (San Francisco Bay Chapter, Sierra Club) and we
camped at Thousand Island Lake. After supper much to my surprise, the
leaders returned from their hiding place bearing a cheesecake desert
with candles for my birthday. How wonderful. I never even asked how they
knew it was my birthday.

Haven't thought about this surpise for years until your message.

John