[pct-l] Solo backpacking

Ive backpacked for 20 years in the areas you have mentioned, on trails, and
cross country and climbing, almost entirely solo.  only saw a few bears from
a distance in all that time(I tend to stealth camp; did so long before
somebody came up with such a lable - often because as a lone female I am
more concerned about the large 2 legged predators, and the more likely to be
near peole the more wary I was).  I was bothered more by hungrey for salt
marmots than anything else.  Camp away from streams, lakes,trails, and where
people have been camping and you will be fine.

Goforth