[pct-l] re: trail libations

>>I feel like a pretty cheap date compared to you wine
>>and premium-beer aficionados.

Heh..do you have any idea how cheap Franzia (and for
that matter Gallo) wine is? :-)

Normally both are very lousy wines. However, when
taking this boxed wine (and at ~$15,or less if it is
on sale, for five liters it is a bargain!) to the
highest hot spring in North America it was just yummy.
  I suspect Jeff had a similar experience with the
Gallo for about the same reasons. (Cheap, lousy wine,
..wonderful scenery. But it seems so much better with
the wonderful scenery).

AND, get this, the bladder the wine comes in makes a
great water bladder, too.

As any good packpacker will tell you, each item should
do two duties. Haul your wine up...haul the water (and
after drinking all they wine at altitude, probably
dehydated anyway. :D) down in same bladder.

And as a final plug for Franznia boxed wine (the lousy
wine that tastes great in outdoor settings), if you
read the book RIVER by Colin Fletcher (solo trip down
the Colorado River) he also rhapsodized about the
wonders of boxed wine. Good enough for Fletcher..good
enough for me!

Franzia Boxed wine: The libation of choice for the
person who wants a cheap,lousy wine that tastes great
in the outdoors. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com