[pct-l] Kick Off and the PCT to Warner Springs

Just arrived home from my annual pilgrimage to the Kick Off.
As always, the organizers did a mighty fine job again, and I
just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work.

Also hiked from Lake Morenia to Warner Springs with Monte
and with a few of this years thru-hikers too. Our first camp
was at Morris Meadow, this is a great campsite, a piped spring
and Jeffery Pines invite you to stay overnight. Pioneer Mail was
nicely improved with a faucet replacing the ugly water that was
in the trough in '00 and '01.

A short ride to Julian where we spent the night and most of the next day.
While in Julian, Monte bought a pair of cheap sunglasses and I
wasn't sure who I was hiking with, He looked like Al (just win Baby)
Davis, or a Porn Director or maybe it was a porn star.

We finally reached Warner Springs where we stayed the night at the
resort, six of us fit very well in one of there spacious rooms.
Our last stop was Paul and Pats hikers Oasis in Azna, I had a
great time there on my PCT hike in '00 and wanted to stop back
and say thanks again.

On this hike, I used one of my good friend, Ron Moaks Six Moon
Designs Pack. It worked very well with all that heavy water I was
caring, and I think it would be a good choice for a PCT thru-hike.

Just one more thanks, to my good friend Greg Hummel and family,
Who picks me up at the airport, lets me stay at there home. I met
Greg on my first PCT hike, you really do make lifelong friends on
the PCT.

Jeff Z