[pct-l] water report Agua Dulce to Mojave and beyond

In a message dated 4/25/2004 10:41:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
AsABat@4Jeffrey.Net writes:...........................................................

> [...]
running water in the pipe 2 days ago and that it should be at Cottonwood by
Tuesday>>>>>>>>

On Thursday last, I drove through the Mojave on my way to ADZ.  The infamous
bee-coated trough at Cottonwood Creek is totally cemented in and a thing of
the past.  Rising next to it is a pipe and faucet. No water.  While I was
standing around,  a truck bearing  a LAWP employee stopped and told me the aqueduct
was to be turned on Friday last.  Don't know where they turned it on and how
fast it travels, but it should have water any second.  My only information on
water traveling in pipes is that sewer water travels at less than 2 feet per
second, which is the scouring velocity of water.  For what that's worth....which
is nothing.

"No Way"
Ray Echols