[pct-l] Entry to USA from Canada on the PCT

It is nice to seem some more concrete information on this subject.
As mentioned earlier I will also do a Southbound hike in August-September
through Washington and Oregon and already have my Thruhike permit. I will
fly into Seattle and then take the bus.
The advantage is that when crossing the border we still look respectable
after only a couple of hours hike!
However depending on the political situation I do have an alternative
plan. I would do a Flip-Flop, i.e. take the bus from Seattle to Snoqualmie
Pass - which is not very far - then hike North with the official Canadian
entry form. From Manning Park I would take Greyhound to Seattle via
Vancouver and next day to Snoqualmie again. This would only add about half
a day of travelling but would be legal and official. I would look at it as
a Zero-Day for recovering and less as an interruption of my hike. In
addition one could change or modify some of the gear after the first two
weeks of hiking, in case something does not fit.
Adrian alias Matterhorn AT01
This is my preliminary plan, yellow Flip-Flop, green plain Southbound:
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/sunnyhill/AdrianPCTSchedule.htm