[pct-l] US - Canada border crossing

Hi Inaki,

> Most important: will I be able to enter the US again with no problems?

There is no hard answer. One in 600 visitors gets rejected. But many
people from the EU forget to leave their I-94 stub in the US when
departing. As long as they show that they didn't overstay their visa in
the US, they are fine. I also believe that people leaving to Tijuana by
car often don't get checked at all, only on the reetry. So your situation
would be relatively normal. Still, not a great answer.

> Then, if the answer is I'll be ok entering the US again, which is then
> the difference between this and doing it in the opposite direction?

Doing it in the oposite direction is bothersome because you would enter
the USA *illegaly*. Might be a serious problem only *if* it is detected.

As far as I can tell the USA does not mind foreigners to leave, but does
not like it if they enter inofficially. The problem is, that there is
plenty of material on the web on the second issu, but very little on the
first.

I don't have good answers. I mean, the people who are paid for knowing
this at my university don't know many hard answers or make guarantees.

If you have plenty of time, read the Foreign affairs manual
http://foia.state.gov/regs/search.asp
Maybe it knows more.

Ilja.