[pct-l] olive oil?

In a message dated 4/19/04 5:23:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
judsonb@internetcds.com writes:

> Who's got a fool-proof way to carry olive oil w/o it leaking? I haven't had
> much success...

_____

I like the 250 or 500 ml disposable water bottles with the screw-tops.  They
have never leaked, and are built to expand and contract with elevation
changes.  Don't use the ones with the pull-valve.

Try to dry all the water out of the bottle before you fill it with olive oil.
 If there's any water left in the bottle, it seems to darken the oil after a
few days.  I don't know if it's oxidation or what, but it causes problems.

These are the same bottles I use to carry alcohol fuel.  No, haven't yet
poured fuel into my couscous or oil into my stove, but it's an accident waiting to
happen!  I usually use the small bottles for olive oil and the larger ones
for fuel.