[pct-l] Cat stove

In a message dated 4/19/04 9:58:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:

> Though I don't use these home-made contraptions, I'd like to ask a
> question:
>
> Does the circumference of the can used make a difference in the performance
> of the stove?

The CatStove design can be scaled up, as Monte Dodge has proved!  He's made
one about the size of a gallon paint can.  It gets to be a fuel hog at large
sizes.  The original is designed for individual use, i.e., with a pot about one
liter in size.

Has anyone tested or tried to make a "grown-up" soda can stove?  I haven't
seen any in use.