[pct-l] Fuel Amounts for Pepsi can stove

> ...Pepsi Can stove.  In a more meaningful comparison,
> the CatStove brings two cups of water to a boil in four
> minutes, using one ounce (2 Tbsp) of fuel.  It ...

If a stove is 8oz lighter and takes 2 minutes longer to boil 2 cups
of water, there's no question which stove I'm carrying.

The subject of fuel has been beaten to death, especially by me!
I know that 'Time and Money' is the mantra of our society.

This question is just begging to be asked:

    Why is boiling 2 cups of water in the shortest period of time
   'the standard' for measuring the efficiency of a stove?

I can think of several more relevant questions to ask. Not that
cooking time isn't important within reason, but is 'cooking time'
really an issue with ANY widely used stove? No.

I've never heard ANYONE on this list say, "My stove cooks too slow."

My 54 cents,
Scott Parks

Art          : http://DelNorteResort.Com/art
Home     : http://DelNorteResort.Com/