[pct-l] Fuel Amounts for Pepsi can stove

In a message dated 4/15/2004 2:32:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stillroaming@earthlink.net writes:

> Here are the results including Esbit for 12 days:
>  <snip>
> Thanks Bill for your stats. You have FURTHER proven
> that Esbit is the best pragmatic choice for cooking.
>
> Emotionally speaking, Pepsi can is clearly the winner. Don't fight
>  it. :)

I'm not emotional about any stove and am constantly changing about what's
best for me.  I usually rule out Esbit, if only for the cost factor, especially
considering I normally cook twice a day.  Over the course of a thru-hike, using
Esbit can costs nearly $150 at $.50 per tab.

Since I had it, on the PCT, I used a Whisperlite Int. and burning white gas
the entire way, fuel costs were roughly $25-30.  Alcohol or HEET would be
approximately about the same, perhaps a little more.

Sly