[pct-l] Head lamps

I have a Petzl Tikka Plus myself and really like it a
lot. There is just one problem you will have with LED
head lamps in general:
I found out that they are not completely waterproof.
One day I was hiking with my headlamp in the pocket of
my goretex-jacket. Because of heavy rain (I am talking
Northern Europe, not southern California) the pocket
was soaked and water entered the LED compartment.
Naturally, the lamp didn't work until I dried
everything up. But after that the batteries discharged
very quickly because the electronic stuff was fucked
up. I had to disassemble the whole thing and clean out
the salt. My friends recommended me that in case your
headlamp gets wet, rinse it (yes open the whole thing
and rinse the chip) with clear preferably destilled
water and then let it dry completely before putting in batteries.

Mit sch?nen Gr??en von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de