[pct-l] RE: New Balance 1100s, is it just me.

Well after the less than "won-over" experience trying-on the latest NB
1100s,  I tried on a couple other models and brands. Then, at a place that
was going out of business,  found a lone pair of 801s on clearance. And in
MY size!  Wow!

I think I see why they were all the rage. And for me the wide toe box,
apparent ruggedness of the upper and that wide/stable feel seems like they
just might work for me!  Thanks to those for the input! Now, just to work up
to wearing something this light. I've got the pack weight down, I've just
got to get my nerves, up.

Ken Marlow