[pct-l] Non-PCT Miles

"No 2 side trails are more maligned than the Acorn Trail and Devils Slide."

I enjoyed taking these side trails for several reasons:

1. I didn't have to hitch a ride. Self-reliance frees the mind to think of other things.
2. The side trails lead into town where there is mail from home, cold beer, and food.
3. The side trails lead back to the mother road (for the literal-minded: PCT) ...

Every mile counts.

Ben Armstrong