[pct-l] Hiking gear on planes

Last August, when I did Colorado, I checked in ALL my gear. Packed my pack and put it, along with my boots and a couple other items inside a large military "sea bag". I didn't pack fuel. Bought it there.
I also wondered what the Dept. of Homeland Security would think of all the stuff in a backpacker's pack that would usually cause them conniptions if I tried to carry-on this stuff!
I also told them up-front that there was backpacking gear in what I was checking in.
There was a pocket knife AND a leatherman along with lots of other stuff that they would not want to see in the plane's cabin.
All was delivered back to me in Albuquerque, although late (maybe they were scratching their heads about what I was checking in, or maybe they flew it out on a different plane, just to be safe...)

Anyway, don't pack fuel. We sell it here in California!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m