[pct-l] scissors on planes

I have had no trouble carrying those round tipped scissors that kindergarten kids use onto the airplane in my carry-on bag.  I have a yellow plastic Crayola pair with metal blades set into the plastic (but no sharp tip).  If they are inside the bag when it goes through the x-ray machine, security will almost always ask to search my bag but have always let me keep the scissors.  To avoid the search, I usually take them out of the bag and put them in the bin with my shoes (which I always take off too).  These scissors are admittedly of limited usefulness (although no one at the airport has ever checked how sharp the blades are so I could probably sharpen them a little and make them more useful) but if they work for your purposes, you can get them on the plane.  aloha, Jean