[pct-l] Foot care secrets in the desert - another trick

FYI, there is alot more water than you think between Campo and Kennedy Meadows..... and there are plenty of places to stop for the evening that have water - some are marked and some aren't. Last season I hiked section A-C and in addition to water caches every 10 miles or so there was additional water every couple of miles. For example, as you leave the Warner Springs area and climb up around the Bucksnort Mtn area, there are small streams and runoffs - there was actually snow on the top of Bucksnort.... Plenty of water from Hgwy 78 to well past Idyllwyld - including snowbanks, etc....
If anything, I carried too much water given the plentiful nature of it. Most of the folks I met last season were complaining of being rained in for several days between Campo and Warner Springs. Of course, that doesn't last and you can't bank on it every year, but that was my experience.
Nothing wrong with some extra epsom salts - heck, I shared some of mine with a couple of folks who had real foot issues and I still didn't exceed my own self-imposed 15pound limit for gear. Felt good to give them dogs a soak...
So, I disagree that carrying some epsom salts is simply too much extra weight to consider...

Tedster