[pct-l] risk the fine? - ursack?

In a message dated 4/11/2004 12:23:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
whitethunder10@hotmail.com writes:

> Wondering what most people are going to carry for a bear bag.  I'm guessing
>
> most won't carry a bear canister (even in required areas).

What "required areas" are those anyway?

Unless things have changed in the last few years, as a PCT thru-hiker, you
should be able to take advantage of the bear boxes or stealth camp and hike
through the only one I'm aware of near Tully Hole.

YMMV,

Sly