[pct-l] Blister Treatment

I have had good luck treating blisters with a needle and thread, and duct tape.  For any foot blister bigger than a nickle, put three inches of cotton thread on a needle and pass it through the blister.  Remove the needle, leaving the thread in place, ie, passing through the blister.  This will wick out the moisture, and keep it out.  Cover with duct tape. Remove the thread after the skin has toughened up.  I find the callous forms and the blister heals more quickly than with other methods.
Hike on !!  Bob Riess at the Trailhead in San Diego