[pct-l] Independance Groceries

Hi,

There seemed to be some confusion and disagreement as to whether or not
Independance has a market available for resupply.  So, I wrote to their tiny
chamber of commerce.  Here is my question and then their reply:

Subject: Groceries

Hi,

I am planning on stopping in Independance during my through hike of the PCT
this summer.  Can you tell me about the availablity of groceries in
Independance?

Thanks

Phil Hough

Reply:

Philip,
Mairs' Market (149 S. Edwards--Hwy 395) here in Independence is a
full service grocery market, including a deli eating area. Also,
there are two mini-markets (Chevron and Shell gas stations) and a
Subway Sandwich place.
Happy Hiking!
Sharon
Office Manager