[pct-l] Cell Phones

Although digital may allow better quality, the older analog cell phone
networks generally provide better coverage since the cell size is larger.
Digital (CDMA) networks usually apply higher frequencies which restricts
the cell size. I believe there are phones around which include both analog
and digital. GSM in the States still seems to be limited to cities or at
least densely populated areas or main arteries.
On the AT I used Verizon analog and got reasonable good coverage except up
North.
Still I am interested to learn about providers and possible (cheap)
schemes for short term users like Christine from Germany and myself from
Switzerland. I am especially interested in WA and OR section which is
probably one of the more difficult one as well.
Thanks
Adrian presently in Hong Kong