[pct-l] Pooh Corner Free Hospitality

Less than two weeks to the kickoff!!  I look forward to meeting the class of
2004 at the kickoff and hosting each of you at Pooh Corner when you get to
the North Tahoe Area.

Molly and I provide free hospitality for Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers at
the Donner Summit (old hi-way 40) area just north of Lake Tahoe. We live
about four miles from the PCT and will pick up and deliver hikers from the
trail.  We will be open from the start of the season to July 31.

Pooh Corner receives mail drops, provides sleeping space, meals, showers,
laundry, etc. We take hikers to the supermarket, stores and the post office
in Truckee as well as the post office in Soda Springs.  We also make airport
runs for significant others and anything else we can to support thru hikers
in their quests. Our cabin faces on Donner Lake and provides swimming
boating, etc. or just plain loafing.

Mail to Truckee is VERY slow!!!  Priority mail usually takes six days or
more to reach us. UPS and FedEx are prompt and reliable.  We pick up mail
once a day in the early afternoon.  We mail outgoing mail/UPS for hikers
departing on Saturday and Sunday only. Other days, we will get you to the
post office or UPS store.

Bill hiked the AT in 96 (Pooh, SillyOldBear) and welcomes the chance to
repay a little of the hospitality I received.  Here is our contact
information.

Food Drops & communications (This is the local Mailboxes, Etc.)

Bill & Molly Person
PMB 154
11448 Deerfield Dr.
Truckee, CA 96161