[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 12

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:23:54 -0700
From: "Steve Stenkamp" <sskamp@bendnet.com>
Subject: [pct-l] NB 801AT & bladder bag
To: "pct-l" <pct-l@backcountry.net>

Two questions for listers
1.  New Balance is re-making the 801AT.  Anyone have any first hand info on
quality or is this another cheesey knock-off.
2.  My bladder bag hose has developed llittle black mildew -like spots in
it.  Can't figure out how to clean inside the hose. I have tried a bleach
/water soak but didn't get any results.  I suppose I could quit being cheap
and buy a new one.  anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Steve,

1.  Are you sure?  I thought the 806AT was the latest NB 800 series shoe.
My personal history with the 800 series only goes back to the 804.

2.  Just wanted to warn others that I cleaned my 3L Camelback bladder with a
bleach solution and it developed a slow leak immediately afterwards where
the hose connects at the bottom.  Don't know if it was coincidence or my
solution was too strong or whatever-but I won't clean it that way again.

Platypus has a faq titled "How to Clean Your Platypus" at
http://www.platypushydration.com/faqs.asp#clean using baking soda and lemon
juice that might work on your hose.

Camelback has some cleaning information at
http://www.camelback.com/rec/faq.cfm#care.

Good Luck
John Coyle