[pct-l] Light Phenomena on Oriflame Mtn....

In a message dated 4/6/04 9:19:33 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
magicalnexus@yahoo.com writes:

> It is always interesting to me that people who regard themselves as
> scientists are so leary and suspicious of examining new things. I always considered
> a scientist to be a curious and critical individual who could embrace the
> examination of previously undocumented phenomena. Of course, that is as long as
> no one is prematurely offering unpalatable theories. Stick to the nuts and
> bolts of the phenomena and it shouldn't be at all intimidating. My theory about
> these folks is that they aren't really scientists, they are professional
> testers and aren't at all driven by curiosity, rather they are driven by work
> and the demands for answers within a given field for a given purpose. Not the
> same creature as a true scientist. Funny how many of those testers think their
> opinions matter...

I would only add that many of them also seem to have predetermined answers to
posed hypothesis, and bend the evidence (perhaps unconsciously) to fit a
conclusion.  Being neutral is probably the hardest thing of all for a scientist to
achieve