[pct-l] sprained ankle - rolling outside

During my AT hike my ankle rolled outside at least ones a day. If it
happens I just let it happen and try to support myself with my walking
sticks or try to catch myself otherwise. It newer caused any sprains to me
and I also never had a fall because of this.
 At home when I walk in the Swiss Alps with my hiking boots the same
happens. I found it hurts more with the boots restricting my ankle to bend.
As a result I am not worried about it any more and keep wearing my running
shoes on long hikes.
Adrian AT01