[pct-l] Guns on the PCT

 "I hate to do it, but I might be carrying my small off-duty revolver when I thru hike the trail in
2005.  I think I might carry it till I get to my house at mile 125. "
The chippies, field mice, and marmots are an annoyance. Ignore them.They don't eat much. Just remember which food didn't have raisins in it when you packed.

The bears are a challenge. Use your woods skills, stealth camp, use a cannister, and avoid them. Maybe they'll go after the rangers.

The mosquitoes can be maddening but their numbers far exceed your ammo-carrying capacity. Save weight and carry 2 oz of DEET instead of 10,000 rounds of .38 caliber wadcutters.

People are fair game. Just remember, you can shoot them, but it's against the law to eat them.

Wandering Bob