[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

Well, with a 1 GB card on the largest setting (not including RAW), I get over 300 pictures.  So with 2-1 GB cards, I can take about the max # pictures I can on one battery charge.

The other option along with the Hard Drive storage solution that Ray mentioned is the portable CD burners that burn straight from Memory cards.  I'd been thinking I could just bounce one along with my battery charger for the camera.  Maybe see it every couple of weeks (since with two batteries, I could easily go that long).

But yes, memory cards are something else you've got to take into account.

And as someone else mentioned, make sure you get a good optical zoom, since the digital zoom really doesn't do you much good.

Daniel