[pct-l] training- MILO

I didn't specifically train for the PCT, but did go running during the
week to try to keep myself sane in Indiana.  I'd generally run about
15-20 miles a week and went for 3 day trips in the Smokys about once a
month.

Remember that the Sierra are one barrier to rapid progress across SoCal.
If you don't want to go in before June 10, and you are leaving, say, on
May 1, that gives you plenty of time to get across SoCal without breaking
your body.

Suge

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Joseph Niemiec wrote:

> I read a post from Milo recently who was talking about training and how he
> got his butt kicked and had to take a month off...
>
> I don't have many places near my house where I can train but I do go to the
> gym and do the stairmaster and hit the rower about 4 days a week.
>
> And Milo, if your reading this, just wondering what your fitness level was
> before the hike.
>
> I'm 26 and in pretty good shape but I don't want to end up a month of the
> trail so any info anyone has would be appreciated...
>
> How did you guys train?
>
> Joe

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics