[pct-l] Trekking Pole Tips

In a message dated 3/29/2004 12:03:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bighummel
writes:

> Speaking of Leki trekking poles; the California representative from Leki
> will be attending the ADZ and be cleaning any Leki poles that you may have and
> will provide replacement parts also.

Great!

They do that at Trail Days in Damascus, Virginia.  I had two poles sections,
both grips and tips replaced at various times over the years, all for free.
Once was an emergency call to their 800 number.  They gave me the name of the
next outfitter who replaced the lower section which had snapped when it got
stuck in the mud while I slipped foward.  The outfitter replaced the section from
a stock pole and the replacement part was overnighted to them.

A little more expensive to begin with I can't say enough about their customer
service, especially for thru-hikers.

Sly

PS I've also got a free caribinner,  bandana and a t-shirt from them!