[pct-l] Barrel Springs and more

I hiked from Barrel Spring to Eagle Rock today and saw that Reader, Bill M ,
and VID fixed Barrel Spring. THANKS! Sorry I missed you guys - Reader
probably recognized my truck.

WHAT TO DO if Barrel Spring is not flowing and the trough is dry:

A. Several register entries at Barrel Spring indicate that hikers
successfully filtered water from the source box of Barrel Spring. Follow the
directions in the guidebook, and PLEASE keep the source box clean.

B. Water is still flowing well in San Ysidro Creek 3.8 miles north on the
PCT.

C. There are two stock tanks between Barrel Spring and San Ysidro Creek that
also had water today. They are mentioned briefly in the guidebook and, while
usually best skipped as San Ysidro Creek is not much farther, MIGHT be
helpful IF both Barrel Spring and San Ysidro Creek are dry:

1. About 3 miles north of Barrel, after going over the small ridge northeast
of Hill 3406, there is a metal trough which has a pipe trickling into it
about 200 yards northwest of the trail. The round metal trough, and two dry
concrete tanks, are visible on the hillside from the trail. The "spring" is
shown on Map A13.

2. About 3.5 miles north of Barrel is a large round concrete open tank
which, according to the book, is fed by a well. There is a pipe in the water
which is bubbling water up about 3 inches like a bubbler into the full tank.
Leave the PCT at a PCT post which should have a small wooden sign pointing
to the "stock tank." The sign was down but I pushed the nails back in as
best I could.

THE REGISTER at Barrel Spring shows the following have gone through already
(I've left off obvious non-thru-hikers):

3/11 Ulysses
3/13 Bradley and dog Banner
3/16 Darrell and dog Sitka
3/23 G and IMG (sp ?)