[pct-l] RE: glasses/contacts

On Thursday March 18th Conor wrote:

I'm wondering how people have dealt with being vision deprived.  Its time to
visit the optometrist, so its time to decide whether to:
1) get glasses with clip-on shades
2) get prescription glasses and separate shades
3) get monthly disposable lenses and remove and clean them daily
4) get daily disposable lenses (possibly)
The toric lenses I need aren't available in any type of sleep-in contacts.

Conor,

Strangely enough I have an optometrist appointment tomorrow.  Small world.

I prefer glasses and have no experience with contacts. I used to buy clip on
sunglasses from my optometrist, but they were expensive at around $85-$100,
especially when they are so easily misplaced.  Now I  get prescription
glasses from my optometrist that fit the cheap ($16) oval style of
sunglasses from REI.  According to the manufacturer they block all the
harmful rays, and if I lose them it doesn't matter as much. They work for
me.  I  carry an old pair of glasses for back-up when on the trail.

J-CO