[pct-l] pulling a cart/Pink Motel

In a message dated 3/17/2004 1:17:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bdwhitsell@comcast.net writes:
Regarding the question of using a cart, The Wilderness Act of 1964 says, "no
use of motor vehicles, motorized equipment or motorboats, no landing of
aircraft, no other form of mechanical transport.."  The question becomes how is this
interpreted by the forest service?  Does this prohibit a cart?

I can't answer that question except to state my personal interpretation ...
Carts would be a form of mechanical transport.

In real life experiences, I know a person who was once cited near San Jacinto
as he pushed his teenaged daughter in a wheelchair along the trail. And, she
wasn't just riding in the wheelchair, she was CONFINED to a wheelchair because
of a spinal condition.

I'd drop the idea of a cart and do it the old-fashioned way ... CARRY what
you need, or want, on your back.

Charlie