[pct-l] Scissors Trash Clean-Up.

My wife and I did some trash pick-up at the Scissors Crossing (map A11)
area, focusing solely on the trail, from where the trail crosses Hwy S2
across and upslope from Hwy 78.

As expected, no hiker-related trail trash short of a couple empty milk jugs
and a larger water container cached under brush away from the caching
structures (north and south of the S2 crossing). These plastic containers
quickly disintegrate, however, in the sun and pieces were found blown away
from where originally placed. The crumbly nature of the old containers makes
pick-up tricky. Please pack-out privately stashed empties to Warner's
Spring.

It was nice to find fresh, durable, empties tied to the cache structure,
that we were able to fill with water we had. Not entirely sure, but the
clear plastic containers, like those found at the cache structures, might be
more durable than the plastic used in milk jugs.

Learned from a ranger later that day, that Scissors crossing is a  popular
brief stopping point for travelers, mostly OHVrs, before dropping down into
the desert. Hence, lots of road trash blowing or washing down onto the
trail.

Ken & Debbie Marlow
Class of 82