[pct-l] Daryl Gardner -Progress, Scissors and Lucky 5 Water Caches

My wife and I were doing some trail clean-up and water caching at Scissors
Crossing (map A11), Monday morning 3/15. We met up with Daryl Gardner and
dog Sitka, doing well at the water cache, before the trail crosses Hwy S-2.

Daryl says "Hello" to his wife. Also mentioned that Trail Angel Eckert left
Gatorade, but he can't use it. It's up for grabs.

As of 3/15 am, there was approx. 20 gallons of water cached at this
crossing. Most immediately before the northbound crossing (at the gate), and
about 4.5 gallons, once crossing S-2 under a small yellow painted box to
your left. Daryl said there was about 10 gallons back at Lucky 5(?), about 5
miles north of Pioneer Mail.

San Felipe Creek was flowing, but like the guidebook mentions, probably
fowled by cattle. Those new to this section, after crossing the creek, the
trail is simply the shoulder of 78 (no trail characteristics) for about 100
feet , crossing 78 at a mileage sign, where the PCT can finally be seen
among the brush, across the Highway.

Ken & Debbie Marlow