[pct-l] RE: Jetboil Stove Review

Just wanted to let those of you who are interested know that the Jetboil
Stove was reviewed on www.backpackinglight in an article titled "Jetboil
Stove (Personal Cooking System) First Looks Review."  There is a more
comprehensive performance review coming from them at a later date.
BackpackingLight felt the Jetboil Stove System was innovative,
solidly-performing, most likely fuel efficient, simple, very compact, and
easy to use.  However they pointed out that there are lighter canister stove
systems available at 10 oz. and the question becomes whether the efficiency
of the Jetboil can compensate for its slightly higher weight (14 oz.).
Further testing will answer this question.

For those of you visiting this site you will notice some of the articles
have red m's next to them.  You have to be a member($24.99/yr) to access
these articles.  I balked at paying the fee at first, but finally relented
and became a member.  They sell their own line of backpacking gear with
generous discounts to members and have many information and education
articles about backpacking. I am happy with the site and feel that the fee
is worth it.

John Coyle

p.s.-for those of you attending the 2004 Annual Trail Fest at the Radisson
in Sacramento(my home town) you may be able to see the stove at the REI that
is no more than 1/4 mile away--assuming they have it by then.  Or it could
possibly be at the vendor fair.