[pct-l] Food Packages -- Priority Mail vs. First Class

In a message dated 3/11/2004 1:17:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

> A couple of exceptions though, if you're mailing cross country you'll only
> save $.15 or so by using parcel post

Double checking I stand corrected on this figure.  Although I'm fairly sure
this was the case when I hiked the AT, rates must have change.

When mailing a 15 lb box cross country to zone 8 Priority Mail is $27.80 with
aproximate travel time being 2 days, Parcel Post $22.64 and 8 days.  Of
course, traveling cross country I'd allow a few extra days.  The $5 savings is
fairly consistant for a 15 lb package to any zone and will go up or down,
sometimes dramatically, according to weight.

Sly