Fwd: RE: [pct-l] Hiking the trail with your dog (horse?)

My biggest issue with dogs on the trail is that I really don't like dogs.  And they know that.  I have scars from a dog attack.  As long as a dog is on a leash (as required by most laws), I don't care if there are dogs around -- I figure that most owners know their dogs, but I don't want to be approached by a dog, no matter how friendly, and nice, and non-pit-bullish it is......keep your dogs away from other hikers (or at least me).

Trekking Amy

Note: forwarded message attached.

As long as I live, I'll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I'll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I'll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.
-- John Muir