[pct-l] Sleeping Bag Compression Sack Damage?

Hello PCT forumers~
I visited Adventure 16 today to scope out sil nylon compression sacks for my new Mtn. Hardwear Phantom 15 Down bag (31 oz.) after using a comp sack for years on my synthetic Sierra Designs bag.  The staff member told me that the initial compression of a synthetic bag causes a 15% loss of loft (lower but still damaging to down bags) and then a 1-2% loft loss with each subsequent use of the compression sack!  Has anyone else heard this before (or worse, experienced it)?  I've used my existing 15 liter Cascade Designs compression sack on my synthetic bag for years and never really thought about it causing serious damage.  I'm always careful to hang up the bag when not in use, but I have washed it on gentle cycle and air dried it a handful of times over the years.  I've always worried more about loft loss through washing, rather than compressing - thoughts?  FYI, his suggestion was to use no stuff sack OR a stuff sack slightly larger than the "stock" stuff sack.
Daniel Gant