[pct-l] Mt. Shasta

> We would like to climb Mt. Shasta, during our hike this year, how
> would we get there from the trail ??

I am not sure exactly how close the trail gets to Mt. Shasta.  I know
that it goes through Castle Crags State Park, which is about 20 or 30
miles down I-5 from Mt. Shasta City.

As far as timing goes, as long as you take the standard route up
avalanche gulch, you should be ok.  I have been on Shasta 5 times, once
in late April, once in June, once in July, once in August, and once in
September.  I have only been on the Avalanche Gulch route once; that
was in June.  Without a doubt, September was the most difficult time.

Take an ice axe and some common sense, listen to what the mountain is
telling you and do not force a summit attempt if the weather will not
permit and you should be ok.

Good Luck!

peace,
dude