[pct-l] Hitch-hiking traumas

Redwood and Dwane,
Funny!
Reminded me of a time hiking JMT wishing to avoid
Bear Ridge, hitched from VVR to Florence Lake.
After hours of luckless waiting I desperately took
a ride from a man who was chugging beers at an
alarming rate, tossing empty cans from the window,
then stopping mid road, every five miles to pee. At
each stop I considered jumping from the car, but hung
on. Anyone who knows that road will know how what I
mean. Got through
it alive, and it makes an amusing memory...

David