From: ROYROBIN@aol.com [mailto:ROYROBIN@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 12:25 PM
To: Mike Saenz; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: brian.robinson@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Snowshoe Fun!

In a message dated 3/1/04 4:08:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:

I had the opportunity to try snowshoe hiking this past weekend! I'm hooked!  As Andrea ("Just Sit") noted "... its dead silent and you come home clean."

..... Took back the shoes to where we rented them (Rim Nordic - Green Valley)

and then finished off the day with a few cold ones!
_____

You didn't mention the brand of shoes you rented.  Probably Atlas.  Maybe Tubbs.  My MSR Denali's are fairly inexpensive, weigh less and have good side rails, which make them better than average on traverses.  If you want really lightweight, Flyin' Brian did very well with his Northern Lites.