[pct-l] Salt tablets....!

I strongly suggest that packing Doritos, Fritos or any
other kind "o's" would be an ideal solution to getting
your salts during the day. The calorie to weight ratio
on most chip brands exceeeds the 100 calories/ 1 oz
ratio that many backpackers stive for. (Orignal
flavored Fritos have 160 calories/ oz, for exampple)
LOTS of sodium for during the day. A store brand bag
of chips is usually cheap. So not only lots of
calories to weight, but also lots of calories to
price! I would open up the bag, let the air out, pack
down.

My body loves the taste of salt during a day of
hiking.
I suspect that would help with cramping. Remember,
just straight water without salt can cause
hyponatremia. So eat your salty and yummy snacks and
drink H20! :-)

=====
--Thoreau