[pct-l] VVR Resupply information in PCT Handbook

$10 to pick up a box at VVR.  $6 to mail out a box from VVR.

I never thought about carrying some of Roy's food on the trail . . . . hmmm
. . . . one of Roy's burgers sure would be a tasty lunch on top of Silver
Pass!  (and some pie, too!)

When I asked previous hikers where they would send boxes or buy food:

4 would buy at VVR
6 would send a maildrop to VVR
1 would skip VVR

3 of the 4 who would buy at VVR were all ahead of the main thru-hiker pack,
so of course the store was well stocked:

Mags 2002:  left KM on June 5
Suge 2003:  left KM on June 9
Tin Cup 2003:  left KM around June 9 or 10
Free Radical 2003:  I think he was behind the main thru-hiker pack.

The 6 who would send a drop were all in the main thru-hiker pack, so the VVR
store would have less food than it did at the beginning of thru-hiker
season.  I think Jim restocks the store twice a week.  In 2003, I happened
to be there on the day Jim restocked.  He took requests from thru-hikers and
brought back everything we asked for---including big bags of chips and hair
conditioner!

HYOH

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!