[pct-l] leg cramps

So what's a guy to do with all this info on leg cramps? Right now I'm leaning
towards Emergen C. I remember trying some out of a package opened up at
Ollalie Lake because some thru hikers called to say they weren't coming thru after
all. It seemed to give me an energy lift. There was a $20 bill in the package,
too, and the resort owner sent it back to the owner.
  The worst cramps I ever got was while climbing Rainier. I was approaching
Camp Shurmann and noticed an open campspot on a small rock outcropping. So I
doubletimed it to get there and claim the prized spot before someone else did.
The minute I got there, BOTH leg thighs cramped up and I was in excruciating
pain for about 10 minutes
 I think the problem was too much sodium and not enough water. I had eaten
salty chips along with salty salsa for lunch and, of course, liquid  water was
scarce on the glacier so I was conserving it. I think the sodium absorbed the
water in my blood, making even less available for my muscle cells. Just a guess
  David C